About the Founder
Deidra Green, the Founder of V.I.R.T.U.E., Inc. is a native of Birmingham, Alabama and a graduate of the A.H. Parker High School. She obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing in 1983 from Tuskegee University and began working as a Registered Nurse. After working in Industrial Nursing, (Occupational Health), in 1985 she took her nursing skills to another level and advanced to Director of Employee Disability Benefits. While in this position, Deidra advanced her academic accomplishments by earning a Master's in Business Administration. In 1997, Deidra resigned from her position to support her husband, Pastor Steve Green, in full time ministry.
Her insightful experiences have caused her to gain wisdom practices that she shares through various media outlets. She releases a message of hope, healing, and love through daily radio segments, entitled "Drops Of Virtue". Mrs. Green's versatility has been featured on our local NBC affiliate station, during their "Women In Business" special. She has also graced the headlines of the Lifestyle section of her local newspaper and has co-hosted TBN Praise The Lord.
She currently serves as Human Resource Administrator for More Than Conquerors Faith Church and Director of Women's Ministries.
In addition, for several years, Mrs. Green has helped to bridge the gap between mother and daughter relationships by spearheading one of the largest Mother/Daughter gatherings in the Southeast and an Annual Women's Conference.
Mrs. Green enjoys gardening, reading, and has a passion for interior decorating. She is married to Pastor Steve Green, the Senior Pastor of More Than Conquerors Faith Church in Birmingham, Alabama. They have seven children.
WHAT IS V.I.R.T.U.E., Inc.?
V.I.R.T.U.E. is the acronym for Vessels Imparting and Restoring Temples to Uncontestable Excellence. We are a not-for-profit organization endeavoring to deliver a message of total restoration and healing to one's physical, spiritual and emotional well-being. It is our goal to encourage and build the total essence of the family.
Changes in our society remain vivid reminders of the need for continual community support. At V.I.R.T.U.E.,Inc., we maintain an unselfish desire to provide opportunities for health and healing through seminars and other activities for persons from all walks of life.
V.I.R.T.U.E., Inc. endeavors to reach out to men and women as they are challenged with balancing family, corporate and spiritual relationships. We offer practical and applicable solutions to everyday situations.
Our mission is to provide education and information to empower the community to take charge of their health. We endeavor to raise awareness about relevant health issues, especially breast cancer. Community Outreaches and corporate partnerships will serve as the vehicles by which we will achieve these goals.
V.I.R.T.U.E., Inc. OUTREACHES
- Virtue Release - Conference/Charity events to support women's health issues held in early fall.
- Spring Cut - Citizens and stylists collaborate and join forces to donate hair for women of color, experiencing hairloss while undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation.
- Victory Walk -A-Thon - Spring walk-a-thon held annually for a pre-determined charitable organization.
- Drops of Virtue Radio Broadcast - Wisdom nuggets released as daily refreshers via radio.
- Drops of Virtue TV Broadcast - Weekly TV segments discussing pertinent women's health, home, and corporate issues.
- Honorable Women Corporate Outreach - A network of professional women/entrepreneurs, who have taken the lead in forging a standard of excellence in the corporate arena, while maintaining integrity.
- Becoming A V.I.P. - Becoming a V.I.R.T.U.E., Inc. Partner (V.I.P.) is simple. There are various levels of partnership from which to choose. All donations are tax deductible.
For more information please contact the Partnership Division of V.I.R.T.U.E., Inc.
To connect to the V.I.R.T.U.E., Inc. website click here: http://www.virtueinc.org
Sandra Ford, MD
Carol M. Johnson, MD
Mrs. Lahoma Napper
James Posey, MD
Chastity Roberts, PhD
Jacqueline Stewart, MD
Contact us or send donations to:
P.O. Box 26393
Birmingham, Alabama 35260
Rochelle Wallace, Executive Director
Janice Johnson, Administrator